Aug4

Stacey Keating at the British OpenWell what an interesting week this has been. The RICOH Women’s British Open. The biggest event I have played. So clearly my excitement levels were quite high, but at the same time I didn’t want to go over the top, so I was trying to down play things a little! I arrived at Carnoustie, Scotland on Sunday to have a walk around the course. WOW what a golf course! One of the finest I have seen…

Had a practice round with Karen Lunn (fellow Australian) on Monday, which was great to get a feel for things. A lot of long putting and running shots would be required. My coach Steven Giuliano arrived on Tuesday, which was great to have him there so he could help me with my preparation.

Stacey Keating at the British Open

Then another practice round on Wednesday. I played with Karen Lunn, Karrie Webb and Megan Franchella. We had a great fun day out there, just getting used to this different style of play. Also I had a bit more excitement to my round, a hole-in-one on the 8th! Was hoping this was a sign of things to come. Not to be.

I was feeling ok on Thursday morning, of course a little excited and nervous but ok! I didn’t get the start I wanted with a bogey and a double on 1 and 2. And to be honest I never

really recovered. I signed my card for a disappointing 79. The scoring for the day was quite good with around 45 players under par.

In my second round I felt I had nothing to lose and really just wanted to make the most of the experience.

I felt much more comfortable out there today which did show in my ball striking, yet I felt like I let so many opportunities slip by, next thing you know I threw in a few soft bogeys and a triple to sign for 78 and miss the cut by a considerable amount.

Stacey Keating at the British Open - Hole in OneSo clearly I am quite disappointed with my week, but overall I know it will be a great learning curve for me, and next time I am put in this situation I will be all the better for it!

On the weekend I just did some practice to get ready for the Irish Open next week. Look forward to keeping you updated!

Stacey  🙂

• Comment by Honnie — August 4, 2011 @ 8:00 am

Hi Stace,

With my photography I know I always learn heaps more from what goes wrong than from what goes right. So I’m sure it all goes towards your development. Good luck for the Irish Open next week:)

cheers,

Honnie and Jack

• Comment by Damo — August 4, 2011 @ 8:06 am

Never mind chin up. Smash them in Ireland.
    Stay proud. Aussie Aussie Aussie. Oi oi oi

• Comment by BT — August 4, 2011 @ 8:41 am

Stacey, thats golf and thats why we all play it as tomorrow can bring the perfect round. Trust your swing go get’m , the trophy is there to be stolen. Cheers Barrie T.

• Comment by Jeanne and John — August 4, 2011 @ 9:18 am

Hi Stacey,
    Glad you take in on as experience, hope it will help for the Irish.
    Great hole in one.

• Comment by John Bustard — August 4, 2011 @ 9:57 am

hi Stace Good learning experience, get rid of those bogeys and good luck in Ireland….have a we great time
    John & Anne

• Comment by Andria- sanctuary lakes — August 4, 2011 @ 10:26 am

Your doing great Stacey – plenty more tournaments ahead of you,good luck in the next one 🙂

• Comment by John Snowden — August 4, 2011 @ 11:32 am

You are achieving a lot stacey, well done and all the best in Ireland this week. Carnoustie is an awesome course.

Cheers,

John Snowden.

• Comment by jeff barnes — August 4, 2011 @ 11:50 am

Its a cliche but you learn more from your failures than your successes (provided you don’t overdo it) 🙂

• Comment by frewy — August 4, 2011 @ 11:59 am

Hi Stace,
    Hope you go well in Ireland, see if you can get another hole-in-one especially if a car is the prize or something like that.

Cheers Frewy

• Comment by Jane — August 5, 2011 @ 7:28 am

Hi stace, sounds like heaps of pressure and sounds so exciting though!!!!! I looked the course up and looks super sheik!!!!!
    Sounds like you are having an amazing time and keeping some sweet company 🙂
    Continue to have an awesome time and much luck at the next tourney!! Xox lots love sent your way 🙂

• Comment by Dot Frith — August 5, 2011 @ 11:31 am

you witnessed my hole in one wish I was there to see yours …well done & good luck for your next tournament dot xx