Oct3

Dinard Open

My first time to France.. I was really looking forward to this, new places are always exciting. As it was a week off on the main tour, I decided I would prefer to play an event on the smaller LET Access tour. It was great! Dinard, France.

I had a great week there. The views on the course were amazing! And my golf wasn’t too bad either! I was fortunate enough to play the pro-am with the owner of the golf course’ son, and some friend of his! We had a great day out, and they were so hospitable!  I played pretty solid all week, shooting -2,-4, and -3 to be total -9 and tied 3rd.  The leader finished on -12, so I wasn’t too far off! Very happy with my ‘week off’ and looking forward to then heading into Paris for the Lacoste Ladies Open.

Viewing the Eiffel Tower for the first time was unforgettable! I loved it! I was fortunate enough to stay with a friend of mine in the city, with a great view of the Tower.

Lacoste Ladies Open

We arrived out at the course on Monday, and I loved it! Its always a good sign for the week if your first thoughts of the course are nice!  Also a bonus for the week was I had a couple of friends from Australia over on holidays, so w as great to catch up with them,  and have them watch me play!

The week went really quite well, my first 9 holes especially. I birdied every second hole to be -5 for 9! And followed that by 2 bogeys and 2 more birdies on the back 9, to sign for -5, 67.

The next day wasn’t quite as exciting but still hung in there for a level par round of 72, to be only 4 shots back from the lead. A nice position for the weekend.

Now for the exciting part of the weekend! Getting up 8 hours before my tee time to watch my team, Geelong CATS. beat Collingwood in the AFL! Apart from being slightly tired out on course today, I was happy to get in at -1 and still in a solid position with one round to play.

Well you could say that I got my 4th round off to a good start, birdies on 1,2 and 3! Played quite solid all day and with 3 more birdies and one bogey on the back, finished the day at  -5, and total -11. This put me in a tie for 6th place. My best for the season, so you could say I was quite pleased!

Now I am on my way to Sicily for the Italian Open

Bye for now, and happy golfing to all!

Stace 🙂

• Comment by Freddy — October 3, 2011 @ 6:35 pm

Good golfing Stacey!
    Enjoy Italy!
    You should really enjoy it as well!
    Love hearing from you,

Freddy

• Comment by jeff barnes — October 3, 2011 @ 6:39 pm

Well done Stacey – great top ten finish! Good luck in Sicily. It’s a very different kind of Italy to the mainland, almost a country within a country. If anyone asks Darren for cash to ‘protect’ your clubs make sure he pays up otherwise he could end up with a horses head in his bed 🙂

• Comment by Janet & Terry — October 3, 2011 @ 6:51 pm

Great to hear about your golfing and how well you are doing! Keep up the good work and try to keep focused with all the new sites you are seeing 🙂

• Comment by Doug McQualter — October 4, 2011 @ 12:27 am

Stacey
    Super stars take a short time to develop but you are on your way.Patience is not required
    Doug

• Comment by Doug McQualter — October 4, 2011 @ 12:29 am

Stacey
    Super stars take a while to develop but you are on your way.Patience is not required
    Doug

• Comment by Kathy Roberts — October 4, 2011 @ 12:53 am

Great Stuff, Stacey!!
    Cheers,
    Kathy

• Comment by Bob Utber — October 4, 2011 @ 1:31 am

Know doubt the mighty cats inspired you to greater things and Stace what about my grandson winning the $5000 sprint at half time – beats playing golf!!
    Keep up the good wrok and must have dinner or lunch when you are back in Oz and home in victoria. The home of the best young female golfer and fastest man in the AFL
    love Bob

• Comment by frewy — October 4, 2011 @ 7:08 am

well done stacey, two top ten finishes is great work. you are doing very well for your first year. how about the cats hey, how good were they !

frewy

• Comment by Gail Potts — October 4, 2011 @ 8:04 am

Hey Stacey sorry I’ve been a little quiet lately but well done on your great finish in the Lacoste Open! And congrats to Geelong – it was a great game – worthy winners (like you). Good luck in Sicily.

• Comment by Brenda — October 4, 2011 @ 8:37 am

Go Stacey just like your super Cats, congratulations on a wonderful tournament. Keep having fun & playing fantastic golf.

• Comment by Big W — October 4, 2011 @ 10:46 am

dont think youll be holding any stop signs too soon!!

• Comment by Stacey — October 5, 2011 @ 6:41 pm

Thanks for all the support guys!! Having a blast over here.. Nothing wrong with stop signs Sue!!

• Comment by Melissa & Brian — October 8, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

well done getting better all the time keep working hard