Oct16

Well if I thought things couldn’t get any better…. They did!! I headed to  France feeling good about my game, but still trying to keep my expectations low. We were playing the LACOSTE Ladies Open…
WOW what a beautiful place we were in, Biarritz, France! The weather was perfect, and the food even better!

Practice went well and I was looking forward to getting into the event. Probably the best start to an event I could have hoped for, a course record, -8, 62 to lead by 4 shots! It was just one of those days where everything went my way! It was always going to be tough backing that up, but a +1, 71 wasn’t too disappointing in the end after a bit of scrambling around. This put me 2 shots behind Diana Luna. Still in a great position.

Day 3 was a bit of a roller coaster, birdies and bogeys flying around, and ended up signing for at -1, 69 to be 3 shots back with 1 round to play. I wasn’t in the final group, but still felt a good round could see me near the lead.

My final day couldn’t have got off to a better start. I birdied 4 out of the first 5 holes to tie things up with Diana. I made the turn at -5, yet still felt I would have to get a couple more.. Without getting ahead of myself I continued my steady play through the tougher middle part of the course.

I birdied 16 and 17 which by the picture I see now, I was pretty pumped about!!

Unfortunately I made a soft (probably nervous) bogey on the last! And then the wait… I was -6 for the day, -14 for the tournament, and tied for the lead, but Diana had one hole to play.

She found trouble off the tee and was unable to salvage par to force a play off, which made me the winner!! Unbelievable feeling- little did I know my day was only going to get better…

I got presented the trophy from European Ryder Cup captain, Jose Maria Olazabal and Lorena Ochoa! Two absolute icons of the game, something I will never forget.

So this week has been a little rest back at Darren’s place, a lot of catching up with people, emails and phone calls, all great fun!! 🙂

Now on my way to Jakarta to play an Asian Tour event, before the 2 LET China events, and then Australia!!! (Slightly excited!)

Anyway thanks so much for all the calls, texts, emails etc, has been a very overwhelming week, and so much appreciated!

Cheers

Stacey 🙂

• Comment by Beverley B — October 16, 2012 @ 5:56 am

Good stuff – will see what I can pick up on the sports channel for the future games – how thrilled you must be to have 2 great wins of late…..cheers and good golfing….Beverley B. Townsville

• Comment by Liz White — October 16, 2012 @ 6:06 am

Stace
    I am so happy for you _ couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. remember when times get tough remind yourself of these two golden weeks. I am sure bigger things are in store for you x 🙂

• Comment by Joe O'Dea — October 16, 2012 @ 6:08 am

Stacey, congratulations from Perth WA . Two fantastic wins. You are a true international star. Best wishes joe lnr and joe snr

• Comment by Jenny Loveday — October 16, 2012 @ 8:06 am

Fantastic achievements Stacey, keep it rolling.
    Love, Jenny Loveday

• Comment by Freddy — October 16, 2012 @ 11:56 am

Good Luck Stacey in your next three events!!
    Will be watching you via the internet!

• Comment by Mark Heatwole — October 16, 2012 @ 1:52 pm

Stacey– how wonderful to hear your news. When are you coming back to the U.S.? We miss you and I want to show you Santa Barbara one of these days!!!

• Comment by Terry & Janet Felts — October 16, 2012 @ 2:59 pm

So proud of you!! We knew things would fall in place – you are such a talented golfer. Congrats, Congrats!!

• Comment by Jane — October 21, 2012 @ 9:29 am

Congrats congrats!!!! LOVE the updates xoxox

• Comment by frewy — October 27, 2012 @ 10:08 am

Well done Stacey your flying ! I think i’ll have to get you to give some of my greyhounds a pep talk on how to win !
    cheers Frewy

• Comment by Jim Adams — November 25, 2012 @ 5:24 am

Hi Stace,

I’ve been travelling o/s and only just now saw the update on your LET results. Fantastic! Congratulations! Hope we will see you in the NSW Southern Highlands this January.

Keep up the good work.