Sep15

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 6.27.59 PMWell its been a while since I keep you posted on my where about!! There has been quite a lot on actually, with very mixed results for me!

IMG_5144Where to start, playing the British Open at St Andrews.. what an experience, playing a major at the home of golf!! Enjoyed it as much as possible even though I didn’t play as I would have liked… I shot rounds of +2 and +5 to miss the cut. Again I feel I take a lot from playing with the best players in the world, and hope when in that situation again ill be all the better for it!

Then onto Prague for the Pilsen Masters. The golf course was really nice with some interesting holes, and some tough tee shots! I felt like I played well here, and was nice to be in contention coming down the stretch; I fell 3 shots short to be T7th. Pleased with my week!

Onto Scotland! And it sure lived up to our expectations with the weather, blowing an absolute gale and very cold! I struggling early in the event, but got into some groove in the later stages of the event to finish T12th, behind local hero Catriona Mathew! Great to have her playing in a LET event, and winning at home I’m sure was very special!

My parents were also over for the event, which was great to see them, it’s sure been a while since I’ve seen them!

Now to Sweden- Ive never been here so was sure looking forward to this one! A great course, and such a beautiful area, Helsingborg. Unfortunately this week didn’t go as I would like, with really one bad hole throwing any momentum I have have had, too miss the cut by 1. Disappointing week for sure, but an upside to it was the fellow Aussie Rebecca Artis got her maiden victory here!! Very pleased for her, and Aussie golf!

So now a bit of practice time for me, to get ready for Lacoste Ladies Open in France where I have a few good memories!!

Also with AFL footy finals on back home.. there are a few early morning for me, so I can watch the Geelong Cats!! A big game against top of the ladder Hawks this week, with a place in the Grand Final on offer!! Cant wait! 🙂 GO CATS!!

Thanks for stopping by, and happy golfing!

Cheers

Stace 🙂

• Comment by Eric Anderson — September 15, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

Stacey, interesting blog, it is always welcome to hear directly from the Player rather than indirect opinion from reporters. I get to play some golf in Australia on the Gold Coast when on my travels and it was excellent to hear of Rebecca’s win at Helsingborg in Sweden. ‘Up and down’ and/or good putting stats >29 putts per round are key to success. ‘Drive for Show and Putt for Dough’. Good luck in the Lacoste. #oneshotatatime

• Comment by Lee Wills — September 15, 2013 @ 9:53 pm

Well done Stace, and thanks for the update. Was also really pleased to see Rebecca do so well. Made the news here would you believe!

Hope the Cats do well for you. (that’s coming fro a Magpie). Only worry is that Chappy may find himself on the sidelines. We’ll know today what the tribunal, or whatever they call themselves today, have to say about the ‘bump’. I really hope that he gets through because he is an inspiration to the team.

Stay well, play well, and once again great to hear from you.

Lee

• Comment by Kathy Roberts — September 15, 2013 @ 10:52 pm

Hey Stacey,
    Your golfing career is going great, congratulations! Your news is very welcomed, however you forgot to include that you are one of three finalists of the Victoria University Young Achiever Alumni Award!
    Best of luck for the Lacoste Ladies Open.
    Kind regards,
    Kathy Roberts

• Comment by Stacey — November 4, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Thanks for the congrats!! Appreciate it!! 🙂

• Comment by jp mainardi — September 16, 2013 @ 5:52 am

hello Stacey ..
    here is your favoritr Hilton GM…( Sanya , China …3 years ago !)
    Pity we did not follow and know you were in St Andrew , as you could have come home …look at our site ,as we have a superb shooting / fly fishing lodge estate there …
    one day will make it …
    keep in touch and i know you will play better in France and next season …
    love
    JP

• Comment by Stacey — November 4, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Sanya just wasnt the same JP!!! Missed you again… 🙂 and the lobster!!

• Comment by JUDY B — September 16, 2013 @ 7:08 am

Keep working & the good results will continue to follow.

• Comment by Stacey — November 4, 2013 @ 12:42 pm

See you at VGC soon Judy!! xx

• Comment by Mark Heatwole — September 16, 2013 @ 4:41 pm

Stacey– turns out we were both in St. Andrews at the same time! Sarah and I watched the practice round on Wednesday from the bar at the Kohler Hotel on 17. When are you coming to Santa Barbara? All of the guys want to meet you! Best, Mark