Jul16

Well its sure being a crazy couple of months on the road!! By that I sure mean its sure had its ups & downs, but thankfully many more ups, both on & off course!!

My first event away was in China, I always enjoy an event in China, as they sure know how to do things when it comes to a golf tournament. We played in Shanghai on a awesome course, the greens were in great condition. So I always feel good after leaving home, having worked a lot on my game.. so my confidence was high, and after a first round -9 (course record) I was feeling even better!! But 2nd & 3rd rounds of +3 sure put me back in my place, but a final round of -4, to finish 4th was a great result, pleased with my first event away!

Next we were onto Turkey… you have to make sure you don’t forget you are here to work this week, as we stay a beautiful places, and the weather is magic, and the hotels are always all inclusive so you have to stop yourself eating sometimes too!!!

This week overall was ok, but first round of +4 really put me behind, but I fought hard to make the cut, and had a ok weekend to finish mid pack 32nd.

Always hard to leave the sunshine of Turkey but we had to get back to England to do Pre Q for US Open, an event which I have been lucky enough to qualify a couple of times in the past, so I know how much I would love to play the US Open. I didn’t play well the first 18 holes, but I felt quite good going into the 2nd round, but I knew I would have to shot a decent number to even get close.. I hung in there having 5 birdies on the back 9, to get within 2.. but never mind- not this year!!

So now we have a couple of weeks off before our next event so Darren and myself decided to go on a little golfing trip to Scotland, and get some practice in for British Open (Turnberry) and The Scottish Open

Also a good friend of mine was playing in the St Rule Trophy at St Andrews which I went up and carried her bag for the morning. I have to admit I was pretty jealous not getting to play The Old Course!! But what happened later that day I will never forget…

Darren (boyfriend of 5 years) and I went to get our photo taken on the Swilcan Bridge (as if we havnt enough of these pictures!!) and the next thing I knew he was down on one knee, ring in hand, asking me to marry him!!! I couldn’t believe it, was in total shock, and of course I said YES!!! Even better still we had a couple of our close friends there who actually caught the moment on camera, and they promise me they knew nothing about it!! So yes we got engaged in one of my favorite places in the world! Couldn’t be happier!

We then got to play some other great course in Carnousite, Deer Park & North Berwick!

Now back to the real world and off to a golf tournament in Holland. I really enjoy this golf course, and I like that the weather can get quite tough!

I started off this event well, I have to be honest I didn’t feel like I as hitting it well, but grinding it out well to be sitting -3 after 2 days, and 4 of the lead. Feeling goof on the last just couldn’t get anything going on the front, and probably knowing I would have liked a quick start to put any pressure on, but this backfired and I only found myself getting frustrated which as we know dosn’t fair well on a golf course, which lead me to signing for a very very disappointing 81 & a big slide down the leader-board! But I know there was lots of positives signs, so chin up..

Onto our Tours flagship event, Ladies European Masters. I really enjoy this tournament and the golf course, I just never seemed to have played well there in the past.. and unfortunately for me this continued.. missing the cut. But I still managed to find a positive, that Wimbeldon is on in London, so I went there to help cheer me up!!! J and on a even better note one of our great friends Beth Allen won the event!! She is a great player, so I couldn’t be more happy for her to get her first win here in this event!! Congrats Beth.

So now we have 2 weeks off which ill be preparing for our next stretch of events, Scottish Open, British Open & Prague which Im really looking forward to!

Thanks for reading and following, and hope this finds everyone well!

Cheers and good golfing!

Stace 🙂

• Comment by Jim Adams Mt Broughton — July 16, 2015 @ 9:17 am

Congratulations to you and Darren, Stace! Good luck for the coming events – can’t wait for you to come back to Mt Broughton in January – our Pro-Am is back on!!

Jim

• Comment by Henry Chetcuti — July 16, 2015 @ 9:19 am

Congratulations on your engagement.

• Comment by Joe O'Dea — July 16, 2015 @ 9:51 am

Dear Stacey, congratulations on your engagement to Darren.
    Good luck for your coming golf events. Joe Jnr

• Comment by Margaret Lewin — July 16, 2015 @ 10:02 am

A very big congratulations to you and Darren. I know you will be very happy. Really enjoy reading about your golfing exploits. I have retired from golf this year. Have health problems so find it hard to get around the course. The Lake Macquarie Tournament is still going strong. All the very best for the future. Lots of love. Margaret Lewin

• Comment by Janet & Terry Felts — July 16, 2015 @ 5:09 pm

So happy for you and Darren! Have you set the date? Look forward to your Open play. Hit ‘me straight and long

• Comment by Freddy Mastandrea — July 16, 2015 @ 11:50 pm

Thanks for the update and Congratulaions on your engagement! The best of luck with your upcoming events! All my best, Freddy

• Comment by Graeme Glasson — July 17, 2015 @ 1:30 am

Congratulations to both of you on your engagement. Where did that 5 years go. Great news. Keep up the good work.
    Graeme

• Comment by Lachlan Teal — July 18, 2015 @ 5:29 am

Great work buddy!! Glad you are doing well & congratulations on the engagement!!
    Good luck for next tournament, practice hard & results will pay off!!
    Hi to Darren & take care 🙂
    Lachlan X

• Comment by Allan — July 20, 2015 @ 7:47 am

Congrats Stacey and good luck for the rest of the year

• Comment by Mark Heatwole — July 21, 2015 @ 3:37 pm

Stace- many good wishes from your Chicago and Santa Barbara friends and congratulations on your engagement! Best, Mark

• Comment by JP mainardi — July 25, 2015 @ 5:53 am

hi Stacey
    Still remember Sanya Hilton at Yalong bay in 2010/2011 and will always keep great memories of our game together but more also about the special dinner we had with Edith my wife and France our Daughter…
    Was Darren with you already ?Is he the French man or did i get it wrong ??/
    In any case he is avery lucky man and congratulation to you both …
    In life you need to be two to make one !!!
    and this might bring you the luck you need to climb up into the worldwide classsification…by the way, we are living ib Scotland where we have 4 beautifull lodges and our house in the middle,on the West highlands coast near Fort William… go onto our website…
    keep in touch
    JP

• Comment by Gail Potts — August 31, 2015 @ 8:59 am

Hi Stace – so sorry but I have only just seen your email (weeks late it appears!!!) and of course I read it all but I have to say the only part I was really really excited about was you and Darren getting engaged. Congrats from all the Potts’ – we are very happy for you both. Now…good luck for the rest of your golf tournaments. So happy for you!! Gail